History of Homoeopathy
The Board of Homoeopathic System of Medicine. Delhi was established in the year 1956 by enacting Delhi Homoeopathic Act, 1956, Delhi Homoeopathic Rules, 1958. The above act of Delhi Legislative Assembly received the assent of the president on 16th October, 1956 & was notified for general information vide Extraordinary Part-IV Section-III dt. 27.10.1956. The Board was consisted of nine Members, Six Members elected through election & three members were nominated by State Govt. The first Board was nominated vide Delhi Administration's notification dt. 12.05.1958, Dr. Yudhvir Singh was nominated as first Chairman of the Board. At present an amendment namely Delhi Homoeopathic(Amendment) Act,1996(Delhi, Act No. 11 of 1996) was passed by the Legislative Assembly of the National Capital Territory of Delhi on 28.11.1996. As per these amendments some changes have been made in the constitution of the Board. Although numbers of members remained nine (in total). Out of nine, four members are elected by the Registered Medical practitioners amongst themselves & remaining five members are nominated by Govt. of Delhi. Besides this, Board is also following instructions/direction issued by the State Govt. fro m time to time.