(1) This Act may be called the Delhi Homoeopathic Act, 1956.
(2) It extends to the whole of the state of Delhi.
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires:-
(a) "Board" means the Board of Homoeopathic System of Medicine, Delhi, established under section 3;
(b) "Chairman" means the Chairman of the Board;
(c) "Homoeopathy" means the system of medicine founded by Dr. Hahnemann and the expression "Homoeopathic" shall be construed accordingly;
(d) "Inspector" means the Inspector appointed under section 30;
(e) "Member" means a member of the Board;
(f) "Practitioner" means a person who practices the Homoeopathic system of medicine as his principal occupation;
(g) "Prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(h) "Register" means a register of practitioners prepared and maintained under this Act;
(i) "registered practitioner" means a practitioner whose name is for the time being entered in the register;
(j) "Registrar" means the registrar appointed under section 21;
(k)”Regulations” means regulations made under Section 46;
(l) "State" means the State of Delhi;
(m) "State Government" means the chief Commissioner, Delhi;
(2) the General Clauses Act, 1897 (X of 1897) applies for the interpretation of this Act as it applies for the interpretation of a Central Act.
Date the 15th May, 1958
25 Vaishakh 1880
No.F.32. (10)/58-M & PH- In exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-Section (2) of section I of the Delhi Homeopathic Act, 1956(Delhi Act, II of 1956), the Chief Commissioner, Delhi, hereby appoints the 15th May, 1958 as the date on which the said Act shall come into force.